Founded by West Australian Tim Pannell, Rocks Gone is the result of 30 years farming experience and an understanding of the difficulties faced when farming on rocky terrain.
After leaving the family farm and starting a contracting business using a rotary rock crusher, Tim identified areas that needed to be improved to suit the harsh conditions of Western Australia. The result was the development Rocks Gone’s flagship patented product, the Reefinator. The final product was developed with the assistance of Cutts Engineering.
The Reefinator has been welcomed by the agricultural industry, with over 100 machines sold across Australia in less than three years of operation. The Reefinator was awarded Best Australian Made Machine at the Yorke Peninsula Field Days and Best New Release at the Newdegate Machinery Field Days in 2015. In 2017 Rocks Gone won the WA Innovator of the Year Growth Category Award for the Reefinator.
Rocks Gone has employed a design engineer to assist with developing the Reefinator specifically for application in the mining and civil industries . The new model will be designed specifically to build roads from existing rocks in the ground or process ore-rich rock ready for transportation.
Advice and resources
Awards and recognition
- WA Innovator of the Year Growth Category Winner 2017
- Yorke Peninsula Field Days Inc Best Australian Manufactured Machine Award 2015
- Newdegate Machinery Field Days New Release Award 2015
- The West Australian article: Reefinator a cut above for growth
- Farm Online article: Rocks Gone Reefinator wins Mitsubishi Innovation Growth Award
- Farm Weekly article: Reefinator hits ton with tonne of rocks;
- Farm Weekly article: Reefinate is a word you can bank on
- Stock Journal article: Reefinator gets ready to rock
- The Product Startup Interview: Developing A Rock Crushing Machine, Tim Pannell Of Rocks Gone