WA's DELEGATION TO BIO 2019, USA
The State Government, City of Perth and AusBiotech are supporting 10 WA companies and organisations to go to the BIO International Convention 2019, Philadelphia, USA from 3 – 6 June 2019.
WA’s official ‘Think Perth’ Delegation is the first to attend BIO since 2007, and will be led by the Deputy Premier and Minister for Health, the Hon Roger Cook and Professor Peter Klinken AM, Chief Scientist of Western Australia.
BIO 2019 is the world’s most significant biotech event and hosts an unparalleled global gathering of around 18,000 biotech and pharma leaders, investors and government participants. Last year over 7000+ companies from 67 countries attended.
WA’s ‘Think Perth’ Delegation comprises:
- Mr Stephen Carter, CEO, Suda Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Dr Martine Keenan, CEO, Epichem
- Mr Matt Liddelow, Chief Executive Officer / Managing Director, Neuroscientific Biopharmaceuticals Ltd
- Mr Gareth Martin, Acting Chief Executive Officer, Perth Convention Bureau
- Professor David Morrison, Deputy Vice Chancellor Research and Innovation, Murdoch University
- Professor Kevin Pfleger, Director, Western Australian Life Sciences Innovation Hub, The University of Western Australia
- Mr Dougal Thring, Clinical Solutions Lead, Linear Clinical Research
- Dr Tracey Wilkinson, Commercialisation And Partnerships Manager, Telethon Kids Institute
- Mr Chuck Morrison, Head of Business Development, Proteomics International
- Mr Nick Woolf, Chief Executive Officer, Proteolytics
The delegates will have the outstanding opportunity to grow existing global networks, develop significant new partnerships and forge collaborations to access global markets - all of which have the potential for strong positive economic returns to the State.
To read more about Bio 2019 and what the delegation will be involved in, visit the BIO 2019 website.