Safescape commenced business in 2009 they have since grown both domestically and internationally. Safescape was built on the notion of challenging the status quo in mining through the development of innovative, safe and cost effective solutions.
The first sale of Safescape Laddertube, the flagship product, was finalised in 2010 and since then, Laddertube has spread worldwide with over 23,000 metres installed in 13 countries across 81 sites.
Safescape designed, developed and now manufactures, three unique products for the mining industry at their manufacturing plant in the Perth suburb of Forrestfield in Western Australia. Patent advice and management are a priority for Safescape as they develop and introduce new products to the market. Safescape received advice and support for the ongoing protection of their IP and Trade Marks from Wrays.
The company’s most recent product, Safescape Edge Protector (EP), targets open pit mining operations. Safescape Edge Protector was developed to challenge the idea that rock bunding is a suitable solution for the mining industry.
One of the most difficult things to do when creating new products or systems of work is to find a real world application to test them. Safescape enlisted support from Evolution Mining, which enabled them to test the Edge Protector (EP) at Evolution Mining’s Edna May site and gain access to their mining equipment, personnel and innovative approach to business.
In seven years, the Safescape team has grown to a strong team of 18 employees with broad and diverse range of skills. They currently have Australian offices in Bendigo (Victoria) and Perth (Western Australia) as well as a US base in Denver, Colorado and representation in Chile.
In November 2017 Safescape won the Emerging category of the Innovator of the Year Program. The exposure has assisted significantly with generating broader interest and acceptance of their innovation, as well as providing recognition for their hard-working team.
Advice and resources
Awards and recognition
- Winner WA Innovator of the Year 2017 Emerging Innovation Category
- Winner KPMG Energise 2.0 Accelerator program Customer Pitch Award
- Finalist Australian Mining Prospect Awards 2017 –Contribution to Mining
- Finalist Australian Mining Prospect Awards 2017 –Excellence in Mine Safety, OH & S
- Finalist Austmine 2017 Awards –Craig Senger Excellence in Export Award
- Winner Ninth AUSIMM OPO Conference – Best Presentation Award
- Awarded the AusIMM Jim Torlach Safety Award 2017
In the media
- ABC news article: Push to make Australia an 'innovation nation' drives technology and clever ideas
- Business News Article: Safescape has the edge on mine roads
- The West Australian article: Safescape's travelling robotos to protect mine workers
- Mining.com article: Safescape presents Edge Protector AUSIMM OPO Conference – Wins Best Presentation Award
- Austmine article: Safescape Soaring Above Expectations